Consider yourself a purveyor of odd facts and tall tales or even a news junkie? Think you’ve got a radar to determine fact from fiction? Very Local is seeking contestants for Wait, What Happened?, a new local trivia game show in Orlando.
What is Wait What Happened?
In “Wait, What Happened?” people on the street try to guess what happened in some of the wildest, wackiest news stories from around the country. Contestants are tasked with figuring out what happened in these stories given limited clues. For questions answered correctly each contestant will have a chance to win prizes with a maximum retail value of $225.
Apply to be a contestant on Wait What Happened in Orlando
Wait What Happened will be filming in Orlando in February and we are looking for a few more contestants to join the competition.
To apply: Please fill out this form.
Participants must be 21 years or older and live in the Orlando area. People of any ethnicity and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.
Wait, What Happened” Orlando Casting FAQ
- Who can play? Must be a legal U.S. resident age 21 or older, residing in the DMA in which WWH shoots. No employees of Hearst Television, Hearst Corporation, Very Local or its affiliates or their immediate family members may participate. Members of Pennsylvania SAG/AFTRA are not eligible to enter.
- How do I participate? Enter by filling out a form online, providing basic biographical information, and answering a few questions to explain their interest in participating. Online entrants will be contacted by the WWH team to conduct a screening call. Entrants selected from that screening call will be scheduled for the shoot, as well as some standby contestants.
- What happens if I’m chosen to play? Selected entrants will be provided a date, time, and location to appear for filming. On the day of the shoot, contestants should arrive at the designated time and location, camera ready.
- What should I wear? Contestants should wear comfortable, casual attire free of logos, graphics, patterns (avoids stripes and plaid), or objectionable language or imagery.
- How is the game played? Our host will make some small talk with you to introduce you to our viewers, drawing on biographical information provided during the screening process. The game will consist of up to five questions in various formats (true/false, multiple choice, etc.). The host will tease a part of a news story, then ask you to make a guess about what happened.
- What are the prizes? Everyone’s a winner and will go home with at least a Very Local souvenir. Contestants who answer correctly earn money for each correct answer, with the chance to earn up to approximately $225 in cash or gift cards.
Stream Very Local shows for free!
Want to see what else Very Local has to offer? Download the Very Local app to stream news and weather from WESH/WPBF, plus new original series all about Orlando and West Palm Beach!