How to Report a Pothole in (and around) Pittsburgh

Help your government help you, report those potholes!

by Lindsay Patross | December 5, 2018

The city can only fix the potholes if they know about them.  If you see a pothole you can use the following links to report it to the city, county or state.  Not sure who maintains the road – contact the state and they will forward the request to the appropriate place. (If this is an emergency and a response is needed immediately – call 911).

For potholes on roads in the City of Pittsburgh

The City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Public Works maintains the roads in the city of Pittsburgh.

The City of Pittsburgh’s 311 Response Center is the best way to submit a pothole issue in the city. Anyone can submit information to 311 by phone, the web or the MyBurgh app. The 311 Response Center is like a customer service desk for the city. Every 311 submission will receive a tracking number so that you can follow up on the status of your request.

  • Phone – Call 311 from any phone from the city of Pittsburgh. If you are outside of the city – call 412-255-2621.
  • Website – visit and fill out the form
  • App – download the MyBurgh App to submit a 311 request from your phone
  • Twitter – send a tweet to @311Pgh

For potholes on roads in Allegheny County…

Call the Allegheny County Department of Public Works 412-350-2513

For potholes on roads maintained by the state of Pennsylvania…

Call Penn DOT at 1-800-FIX-ROAD or visit the PennDOT Customer Care Center to report a pothole from the web.

Lindsay Patross

Lindsay Patross

Pittsburgh born and raised, Lindsay has been writing about the people who love Pittsburgh since 2008.

Download the Very Local app to stream all of the Very Local original series for FREE!

Download the Very Local app to stream all of the Very Local original series for FREE!