In honor of the long weekend, here are a few long reads from the past few weeks that you might have missed or are worth a second look. Our long reads for this week include some praise for Pittsburgh from across the pond as well as some articles to learn more about local government.
- ‘Boutique’ Co-Working Spaces Find a Niche Nurturing Small Businesses // Pittsburgh coworking space, the Beauty Shoppe, is included in a roundup of co-working spaces for the New York Times.
- Construction and criticism: The history, mission and inner workings of Pittsburgh’s Urban Redevelopment Authority // Public Source previews their new series, Developing Pittsburgh, with a users guide to the URA.
- Top 10 destinations for foodies 2019 // The BBC’s Good Food puts Pittsburgh as #7 on the list. Pittsburgh is the only US city to make the list for 2019.
- Video Premiere: “Oh Billy” – Sad Girls Aquatics Club // The music blog, The Grey Estates, debuts the video for Pittsburgh duo Sad Girls Aquatics Club. We’ve got more on the band, and their Pittsburgh video shoots here.
- Remembering Chiodo’s // Craft Pittsburgh Magazine updates their story from 2018 with more photos of this iconic millworker bar that was located in Homestead.
Have you read something about Pittsburgh recently that you think more Pittsburghers should know about? Share your Pittsburgh reads with us via email [email protected] or using the hashtag #icymipgh.