We hope you had a nice Thanksgiving filled with your favorite foods and Zoom calls with friends.
Tomorrow is Small Business Saturday, a day to support local shops and merchants around town. We know holiday shopping is going to be different this year and we are ready to help you shop local from your living room.
Yinzer Shopping Network
We’ve put together a video roundup of some of the best gifts you can buy from local shops and artists — all of which are available online. This first episode includes a guest appearance by Gisele Fetterman, the second lady of Pennsylvania. She shares some of her favorite local merchants on the show.
Meet the maker: Paul Haggerty
We’re celebrating the holiday season on the podcast with profiles of local makers. First up is graphic designer Paul Haggerty. Take a listen to this week’s episode to learn more about his inspirations (his dad was in a metal band).
Meet some local business owners
Get to know some of the businesses around town. We’ve had several small business owners as guests on the podcast this year, here are a few to support this holiday season.
- 🌲 Christine Iksic, Three Rivers Outdoor Company
- 🍺 Scott Smith, East End Brewing
- ☕️ Danielle Spinola, Tupelo Honey Teas
- 🍦 Katie Heldstab, Leona’s Ice Cream
Find all the local artists at Adda Bazaar
Adda Coffee has locations in Shadyside and the Northside and has opened a new location on Penn Avenue in Garfield that is filled with gifts from local artists. You can shop Adda Bazaar online or in person, and private shopping appointments are available, too. Adda Bazaar stocks gifts from:
- 🎁 Stone and Sparrow – handmade ceramic housewares.
- 🎁 Make It Slow – gifts for the kitchen and the table.
- 🎁 Edie Company – sustainable clothing.
- 🎁 Sister Epic – handbags and accessories.
- 🎁 Bombabird Ceramics – colorful ceramics.
- 🎁 City Life Adventures – photographs of the city.
- 🎁 Jalsa by Veda – signature spice blend (Check out our interview with Veda Sankaran to learn more about how she started her business.).
- 🎁 Isabel + Reese – handmade jewelry.
- 🎁 Gingerly Press – letterpress cards and notebooks.
Looking to pick up some local beer to go with your leftovers?
We’ve got an interview with our own beer experts on which beers pair well with turkey and what to sip before and after dinner. If pilsner is your style of choice, we’ve got a guide for that too.
Buy Nothing Day
Since today is Buy Nothing Day, it is the perfect day to join your neighborhood Buy Nothing group. We’ve got the details on how you can buy nothing and gift your extra stuff to your neighbors.
Is that Butler Street on the big screen?
Looking for something to watch while you snack on leftover turkey and sip a local beer? Hulu’s brand new holiday movie “Happiest Season” was filmed right here in Pittsburgh. We take a look at the Pittsburgh places in the movie.