Everything you need to know about skiing at Boyce Park
Boyce Park is one of nine county parks in Allegheny County and is located East of the city (near Monroeville). During the winter months (December – March, depending on weather) Boyce Park operates a small ski area with one chair lift and a “magic carpet.” There is also a separate snow tube area.
Looking for a weekend getaway?
The most affordable way to try skiing near Pittsburgh
Learning to ski can be an expensive proposition. Lift tickets at Hidden Valley and Seven Springs start at $76/weekend and $46/weekdays. Then plan to spend another $40+ to rent skis or a snowboard.
If you want to try skiing or just don’t have time to ski all day, Boyce Park offers an affordable option.
Lift Ticket & Rentals @ Boyce Park
Note, that Boyce Park has changed the pricing and now separates the cost of the lift ticket from the cost of the rentals. (In 2021 the cost of ski/snowboard rentals was included in the price of the lift ticket.)
Pro tip: Lift tickets for children under 5 years of age are free.
Lift tickets can be purchased online in advance. Note that some days/sessions do sell out. [Note the county has had issues with mobile ordering and suggests using a desktop computer to purchase tickets.]
|Lift Tickets||Ski/Board Rentals||Total|
|Allegheny County Residents|
Boyce Park Snow Conditions
You can check out the slopes and the ski conditions on the Boyce Park website here. There is a live video of the ski area on the website. Call 724-733-4665 for a recording of the snow conditions.
Boyce Park Ski Area 2022 Updates
The ski area is open for the 2021-2022 season with some modifications.
- The lodge is open for concessions, indoor restrooms, and equipment rental.
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance. Each session is limited to 250 skiers. Lift tickets can be purchased through Allegheny County’s Active.com page.
- No season passes are available.
Know before you go: Boyce Park Ski Area
The Allegheny County website is a little bit confusing. Some helpful links:
- This is the best link for Boyce Park Ski Area information.
- Lift tickets are purchased through Allegheny County Park’s page on Active.com.
- Follow Allegheny County Parks on Facebook for more information.
- The Allegheny County Parks Foundation is a separate organization that supports the county parks (it is easy to confuse the two pages on Facebook).
- You can also check the Boyce Park Ski Slopes group on Facebook for information.
Winter 2022 Hours for Boyce Park Ski Area
- Monday – Friday 3:30 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am – 2:30 pm and 3:30 – 9:00 pm
- Sunday 9:30 am – 1:30 pm and 2:30 – 6:30 pm