The New Orleans Fried Chicken Fest is always a good time, but it can be overwhelming. There are so many vendors with delectable dishes to try, bands to check out and people to see. Where do you start when there are delicious smells coming from all directions?
Everything You Need to Know About New Orleans Fried Chicken Fest 2022
- Dates: Saturday, October 1 & Sunday, October 2
- Times: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Location: New Orleans Lakefront along Lakeshore Drive at Franklin Ave. (6801 Franklin Ave., New Orleans, LA 70122)
33 restaurants from all over the country are congregating in one place to prove they’ve got the best fried chicken around. Each Fried Chicken Festival vendor has a unique chicken dish on its menu. There are also vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options available to try.
Fried Chicken Fest 2022 Vendors
- ALMA CAFE
- BA CHI CANTEEN
- BOF BARS
- DIVINE CUISINE
- EM TRAI SANDWICH CO
- FINNA EAT
- FRESH FRUIT SENSATIONS
- GUMBO GOUROUX
- GUS’S WORLD-FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN – Out of State
- HEARD DAT KITCHEN
- JOSEPHINE’S KITCHEN – Mississippi
- KAJUN KIDD
- KEYALA’S PRALINES
- KOK WINGS & THINGS – Lafayette
- LA DELYO’S CREOLE CATERING
- LIL’ DUSTIN’S ITALIAN ICE
- MS. DEE’S CATERING CUISINE LLC
- NOLA CRAWFISH KING
- OH TASTE AND SEE
- POLLO – Kentucky
- ROUSES MARKETS
- SOULE’ CAFE
- STUFF’D – Houston, TX
- TASTY TREAT CATERING
- THEAUDRIC’S REAL CLEVER CUISINE – Chandon VIP Lounge
- TIGER’S CREOLE CUISINE
- VALERIE’S SNO-BALLS
- WE DAT’S
- WHISKEY & STICKS
- WING DADDY – Dallas, TX
Get to know some of New Orlean’s most colorful and creative chefs! Check out Very Local’s new series Blind Kitchen New Orleans. You can stream all of the episodes for free in the Very Local app.
Entertainment and Music
During the 2022 Fried Chicken Festival in New Orleans, there will be 22 bands and DJs performing on both Saturday and Sunday starting at 11am. Click here to see the entertainment schedule.
THE SOUL REBELS • MANNIE FRESH • PNC • CHRIS ARDOIN • FLOWTRIBE • BIG SAM’S FUNKY NATION • SHAMARR ALLEN • AMANDA SHAW • FLAG BOY GIZ • WATER SEED • SWEET CRUDE • BRASS-A-HOLICS • BIG 6 BRASS BAND • TONYA BOYD-CANNON
DJ KEITH SCOTT • DJ ANTWIGADEE! • DJ RAKIM • TBC BRASS BAND • MAINLINE • JODECI JUICE JOINT • JOCE BLENDS • LETRAINIUMP
MORE DETAILS & TICKETS TO THE FRIED CHICKEN FESTIVAL 2022
General Admission tickets are just $12.80+ tax. This ticket includes access to the festival on Saturday or Sunday and access to over 30 restaurants, three stages of live entertainment, the car show, kids zone, vendor marketplace, games, and more. You can also opt for the Weekend General Admission ticket for just a few dollars more. GET TICKETS
The festival also offers two VIP experiences.
Chicken and Bubbles VIP Lounge $95.25+tax – Access to the festival and Chicken & Champagne VIP Lounge presented by Chandon, including one (1) bottle of Chandon Champagne (choice of Brut, Rosé, or Chandon Garden Spritz), food from award-winning chef, first come first serve lounge seating, exclusive photo installations, giveaways from Chandon and Festival partners, front of stage viewing area, and access to VIP restroom.
Crown Royal VIP Royalty Lounge $46.75+tax – Access to the festival and Crown Royalty VIP Lounge presented by Crown Royal, including three (3) complimentary Crown Royal Cocktails, food from an award-winning restaurant partner, first come first serve lounge seating, exclusive photo installations, front of stage viewing area, and access to VIP restroom. GET TICKETS
Fried Chicken Fest Pro Tips From New Orleans Influencers
We asked some old hands in the New Orleans festival and food scene to give us their best tips for navigating the National Fried Chicken Festival at the New Orleans Lakefront (a new location) so you can get the most out of the annual event.
Cleveland Spears, founder, Spears Group:
Come hungry! There are over 30 vendors and they each offer a few dishes to try.
Bring your squad – preferably in a rideshare like Lyft or Uber. Event parking is first come, first serve. You can also catch a shuttle that brings you right to the festival grounds.
CLEVELAND SPEARS MUST TRY MENU ITEMS
- ice cream chicken leg
- crispy chicken old-fashioned bread pudding,
- boudin stuffed fried chicken
- the candied wings with garlic noodles.
Wear a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. (Just remember: Sunscreen is only allowed on festival grounds in non-aerosol containers in 3.4 ounces or less.)
The Fried Chicken Festival VIP Experience
The best way to do the Fried Chicken Festival is in one of the two luxurious VIP experiences: the Royalty VIP Lounge or the Chicken & Bubbles VIP Lounge. Upgrade to the Royalty VIP Lounge and receive three complimentary Crown Royal cocktails, food from an award-winning restaurant, lounge seating, exclusive photo installations, a front-of-stage viewing area, and VIP restroom access. Upgrade to the Chicken & Bubbles VIP Lounge and you’ll receive one bottle of Chandon Champagne, food from an award-winning chef, lounge seating, exclusive photo installations, a front-of-stage viewing area, and VIP restroom access.
Megan Braden-Perry, NOLA foodie, author and snowball queen:
- Study the Fried Chicken Festival restaurant menus and entertainment lineup beforehand so you can make a plan.
- Visit the out-of-state booths first, then visit the local restaurants. (Unless the local restaurants offer something they don’t offer every day.)
- Take pictures of your favorite dishes and tag the restaurants on socials.
- Leave your cash at home. The festival will only accept card payments or cash app.
Jessica Steele, actress and NOLA foodie:
- Hit up the car showcase for the cleanest cars and trucks around and shop the merchant market for cool gifts made by local artisans and designers.
- Make a “lickin’ chicken” fun pack and pack hand sanitizer and moist towelettes for messes. Add hot sauce if you want to turn it up a notch!
- Strategize your chicken eating. See which vendors are cooking up goods this year and make a list of your favorites. Pro Tip: Hit the most iconic booths first!
- Hit up @jess.eatssss on Instagram for any other tips or details.
- Have fun!
Editor’s Note: Article updated for 2022 by Cassidy Swanson.