Jingle, jangle, jingle! Here comes Mr. Bingle! OK. Surprise! We’re not Mr. Bingle, but we do bring tidings of joy and fun to fill your inbox with the merry messages of happenings to keep you in the spirit for the holiday season. And let’s talk about this weather! The wind has a lovely Brees in it after the Saints roasted the Falcons on Saintsgiving. We’re still smacking our lips from the tasty turkey day victory. 10-1! 😎 But with the lights on in the Roosevelt, our eyes are turned toward the holidays and who is on our list.
Beignet Burger: Naughty or Nice? 🎅
Let’s be honest: Disney left a bad taste in our mouths with that “healthy gumbo” a while back. So allow us to be skeptical of a “beignet burger” found in the Magic Kingdom. Now, we’re not giving it flat out dismissal – we just have … questions … about this.
Saintsgiving Was Mmm-Mmm Good
Y’all know the way to our heart. Puns. And we got some of the craftiest Saintsgiving puns along with some of those money shots of the Saints roasting the falcons with that secret sauce. So tasty. (We think the secret sauce is called ‘defense’)
One of the great traditions of the holiday season for New Orleans is the Reveillon Dinner. The custom of the dinner goes back to the 1800s. Families would fast before midnight mass on Christmas, and then down a fancy meal. Restaurants partake in serving their own Reveillon dinners.
- Friday Night: Miracle on Fulton Street – It kicks off this weekend! Get you fix for “snow” and sing along to the 12 Yats of Christmas at this event to get you primed for the holidays.
- Saturday: Krewe of Jingle – “Jingle, jangle, jingle!” this parade features our very own Mr. Bingle and the big man himself – Santa. Like any parade, you’ll get your throws, your fill of dance krewes and marching bands. What parade is complete without these things? That gets underway at 1 p.m. in the CBD.
- Saturday Night: Krewe of Krampus NOLauf – If Krewe of Jingle is the “nice” side of the holiday coin, then the Krewe of Krampus is the naughty, impish side of the festivities. The NOLauf parade starts stomping through the Bywater around 7 p.m.
- Sunday: Free Yoga at Parleaux Beer Lab – A day of parading takes a toll. Do your body a favor and get refreshed with some yoga and a pint to kick off your day of rest.
- Sunday Night: Pat O’s 85th Anniversary Party – Rest? Who are we kidding? Pat O’Brien’s is having a big anniversary bash on Sunday with $4 hurricanes ALL DAY and LIVE MUSIC. Just remember to have a glass of water before bed so we can all make it to work on time on Monday. ✌
Things To Know/Do