Forget Flowers.com, we’ve put together this guide to the best local florists in Pittsburgh to help you shop local for beautiful blooms all year round.
Pittsburgh, a notoriously gray city, erupts in color each spring as the sun coaxes perennials and wildflowers to bloom. I love taking meandering walks, strolling slowly past impressive gardens. Because I don’t have much of a green thumb, I bring spring to my home with rotating bouquets of cut-flowers. Check out our guide to finding the best cut-flowers and bouquets in Pittsburgh.
Gold Dust Floral // Lawrenceville
- 📌 4903 Butler St., Pittsburgh, PA 15201
- 🗓 Hours: Tuesday–Friday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gold_dust_floral/
- 🔗 Website: http://www.golddustfloral.com/
At Gold Dust Floral in Lawrenceville, you may purchase a wrapped bouquet or build your own arrangement from the stem bar. The brick and mortar location has a variety of indoor plants, letterpress cards, candles, accessories and other gifts. The store offers bouquet subscriptions for delivery, within a 10 mile radius, or for pickup whenever you need a pick-me-up.
📺 A delicious look at Pittsburgh
Check out three great shows that highlight the best places for food, drink and treats in Pittsburgh. All three shows are available to stream for free on Very Local.
- Ed and Day in the ‘Burgh – explore Pittsburgh neighborhoods and sample the best beer from local breweries with the hosts of the Drinking Partners podcast.
- Plate It, Pittsburgh! – Pittsburgh chefs race through a local farmer’s market and compete to see who can create the most Pittsburgh-inspired meal.
- What’s On The Menu Pittsburgh – A look at local restaurants, farmers and food trucks. From sweets to vegan eats, meet some of the people who are contributing to Pittsburgh’s vibrant food scene.
The Farmer’s Daughter Flowers // Northside
- 📍 502 E Ohio St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- 🗓 Hours: Tuesday–Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday–Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thefarmersdaughterflowers/
- 🔗 Website: https://www.thefarmersdaughterflowers.com/
A staple in Pittsburgh’s North Side, The Farmer’s Daughter Flowers offers fresh blooms and gifts from a brick and mortar shop as well as an online store.
4121 Main // Lawrenceville
- 4121 Main St., Pittsburgh, PA
- 🗓 Hours: Everyday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/4121main/
- 🔗 Website: https://www.4121main.com/
4121 Main is part gallery, part flower shop and part artisanal coffee bar. It offers bouquets typically on weekends and special occasions, and arrangements are available any day with a 24 hour notice. Follow along on Instagram to see when bouquets are in the shop or reach out directly on the store’s website for seasonal flower arrangements.
Roxanne’s Dried Flowers // Strip District
- 📍 2115 Penn Ave. Pittsburgh, PA
- 🗓 Hours: Monday–Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roxannesdriedflowers/
- 🔗 Website: https://www.roxannesdriedflowers.com/
For an arrangement that will never wilt, consider a visit to Roxanne’s Dried Flowers in the Strip. You can purchase an artfully curated bouquet, or try your own hand and purchase dried flowers per stem to arrange yourself. The shop also offers artful gifts and decor and an online shop with shipping if you are sending a special something to a loved one long distance.
There is so much more to explore in the Strip District! Check out Ed & Day’s guide to the Strip District for a look at the most delicious spots for eats and treats in the neighborhood.
Sign Up to Get Fresh Flowers All Season Long!
Sol Patch Garden // Bloomfield Farmers Market
Sol Patch Garden is an urban flower farm run by Collette Walsh. CSA flower subscriptions are available with a weekly or bi-weekly contactless pickup in either Wilkinsburg or Garfield. Special-order bouquets are also available for purchase online, or you can find them in person at the Bloomfield Farmers Market on Saturdays.
Tiny Seed Fleurs // Lawrenceville Farmers Market
Tiny Seed Fleurs offers organically grown flowers from Pittsburgh’s Tiny Seed Farm. You can sign up for a weekly bouquet of designed varietal blooms in either a small or large size. In person, you can find Tiny Seed Flowers at the Lawrenceville Farmers Market and other farmers markets in Pittsburgh.
The Peddler offers local flower subscriptions with the option to do one bouquet per week for six weeks, or 1 bouquet per month for three months. They also plan to offer bouquets and arrangements for Mother’s Day this May! Follow The Peddler’s Instagram to stay up-to-date on pop-ups and events in Pittsburgh throughout the summer.
Cut your own bouquet
Cut your own flowers at Simmons Farm. A deposit will get you a bucket and some scissors, and then it’s up to you to wander the fields and pick your favorites to take home. The season is currently closed, so check back on their website this summer or follow their Instagram page for updates.
- 📸 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/simmonsfarminc/
- 🔗 Website: https://www.simmonsfarm.com/pickurown/flowerpicking.html