As soon as I heard that there was an Anthropologie Home Outlet in Pittsburgh, I started asking a few friends about this news. Those who know about the outlet store give me the same look I gave my mom last week when she told me she went out to buy a DVD player, and they all told me they have already made several return trips. Those who don’t yet know about the outlet store, stop and immediately check Google to make sure I am not lying to them.
So, I made the trip up I-279 north to the Anthropologie Home Outlet so I could accurately report on what all the fuss is about.
If you are not familiar with Anthropologie… it is a store that sells clothing, home furnishings and, now, wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. There are two regular Anthropologie stores in Pittsburgh — Bakery Square & the Galleria Mall in Mt. Lebanon. Anthropologie is owned by Urban Outfitters and sells a mix of clothing, accessories and housewares. While Urban Outfitters appeals to a younger customer, Anthropologie has a cult following from all ages. There are blogs and Instagram accounts dedicated to sharing photos from Anthropologie.
The first Anthropologie Home Outlet Store is in Pittsburgh
It’s kind of a big deal… Pittsburgh is home to the first-ever Anthropologie Home Outlet Store. There is an Anthropologie outlet in Georgia called Final Cut. Several bloggers have written blog posts (and made videos) about Final Cut). The Anthropologie Home Outlet in Pittsburgh only sells home goods — furniture, rugs, bedding, curtains, and lighting.
Anthropologie Home Outlet Location: Mt. Nebo Pointe
The Anthropologie Home Outlet is located just north of Downtown Pittsburgh, right off of I-279. Take I-279 to the Camp Horne Road exit. Mt. Nebo Pointe is to the east of I-279. The Anthropologie Home Outlet is in what used to be a Pat Catan’s store; it is in the same plaza as the Target and Sam’s Club.
📺 A delicious look at Pittsburgh
Check out three great shows that highlight the best places for food, drink and treats in Pittsburgh. All three shows are available to stream for free on Very Local.
- Ed and Day in the ‘Burgh – explore Pittsburgh neighborhoods and sample the best beer from local breweries with the hosts of the Drinking Partners podcast.
- Plate It, Pittsburgh! – Pittsburgh chefs race through a local farmer’s market and compete to see who can create the most Pittsburgh-inspired meal.
- What’s On The Menu Pittsburgh – A look at local restaurants, farmers and food trucks. From sweets to vegan eats, meet some of the people who are contributing to Pittsburgh’s vibrant food scene.
$$$ What about the discounts?
The second question I’ve been asked after I tell someone about the Anthropologie Home Outlet is “but how are the prices?”
There are a couple of different discounts on the items:
- It seems like most of the furniture in the store is marked down by about 30% – 50% of the original price.
- Damaged items are an additional percentage off based on the sticker on the price tag.
- The day I was in the store, everything was 30% off. The 30% off is after the damage discount.
What does outlet mean here? New and damaged items.
There were some damaged items in the store. I didn’t see anything that was beyond repair.
All sales are final – so be sure to double-check your items before you check out.
There were some couches with missing feet or a bent leg. I did see a few couches where the upholstery had been cut with a box cutter.
I was looking at the Lacquered Regency Media Console cabinet that was marked with a 50% off sticker. The only damage I could see was that one of the four doorknobs was missing.
- Online Price: $1598.00
- Outlet Price: $949.00 (40% discount)
- Damage Discount: 50% off $949.00 = $474.5
- Additional 30% off store Discount: $332.15
Looking for more unique home decor?
Check out some of Leanne Ford’s favorite shops in Pittsburgh.
Know before you go: Anthropologie Home Outlet Pittsburgh
The Anthropologie Home Outlet is listed on the Anthropologie website here.
- Location: 16 Mt. Nebo Pointe Drive, Pittsburgh, PA, 15237
- Hours: Every day 10 am – 7 pm
- Phone: 724-264-3411
For hours and updates, follow the @Anthro_HomeOutlet on Instagram. You can also check out the sale section of the Anthropologie website for deals on home decor and furniture.
Let us know if you go!
If you make a stop at the Anthropologie Home Outlet or stop by another place we should know, tag us in your photos on Instagram. We’re @verylocalpgh.
If you are a fan of Anthropologie, you might like these stories…
- Meet SilkDenim, a mother-daughter team that is making new clothing from recycled denim.
- If you miss shopping at your favorite vintage shops, we can help. Here is a list of Pittsburgh vintage stores you can shop online.
- Interested in the Pittsburgh fashion scene? Want to learn more about how to make your closet more sustainable? Check out our interview with Jessa Gibboney, a member of Style412, about slow fashion.
- Looking to pick up a new knitting project while you are at home? We’ve got a guide to local yarn and knitting shops.